As overdose deaths continue to break record highs and the mental health crisis, particularly among youth, worsens, action to address mental health and addiction is needed more than ever.
Congress has introduced several bills to address these crises this session and is now combining them into a package that will comprehensively address the issue. The Restoring Hope for Mental Health and Well-Being Act of 2022 would:
- Reauthorize key programs that support prevention, treatment, and recovery services
- Expand access to medications for addiction treatment
- Increase parity enforcement
- Increase integration of behavioral health in primary care
- Support education and training programs to bolster the behavioral health care workforce
- Support crisis intervention services
- Expand screening and treatment services for maternal mental health and addiction
- Promote quality recovery housing
- Expand access to pediatric mental health care
Many of the bills we have other action alerts on, and many others we support, have been included in this package. This is thanks to your help in urging Congress to move these bills forward. It is crucial to continue to push for passage of these policies as they near the finish line.
The Restoring Hope for Mental Health and Well-Being Act of 2022 includes bills we have previously put out action alerts on, including the: Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment (MAT) Act, Medication Access and Training Expansion (MATE) Act, Opioid Treatment Access Act, Parity Implementation Assistance Act and Closing Health Coverage Gaps for Public Servants Act, 988 Implementation Act, Into the Light for Maternal Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Act, and Excellence in Recovery Housing Act.
Send the below letter to your representative to urge swift passage of this crucial legislation to address the mental health and addiction crises.