SECAD 2009: Feb. 9-11, Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, Ga.
Vendome Group, publishers of Addiction Professional and Behavioral Healthcare Magazines, is pleased to announce that in February of 2009, after more than 33 years, SECAD will reinvent itself, and in doing so will change the way the addiction profession educates, instructs and informs those in our industry preventing, intervening, and treating addictive disorders.
For the first time SECAD will turn, not to one, but to the two most highly regarded addiction associations in the world, NAATP (the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers) and NAADAC (the Association for Addiction Professionals), to develop a conference agenda that will work to educate and inspire counselors, trainers, medical professionals, and managers.
Together these two associations will use their vast experience, knowledge, and industry connections to develop sessions and workshops that will educate and inspire. Keynote presentations and panel discussions will highlight and debate key treatment strategies and the impact of new laws that will impact patient rights, insurance, and continuation of treatment.
Earn up to 20 CEUs!
SECAD 2009 will include a full range of educational opportunities including:
- General session keynote presentation from industry experts
- Panel discussions with recognized industry leaders from treatment, insurance, and government
- Pre-conference workshops to provide small setting highly interactive learning
- Pre-conference ethics lectures for counselors and clinicians needing as many as 6 CEUs
- Knowledge Track Sessions – allowing you to pick from 3 topic areas each educational hour
Don’t miss these highly interactive pre-conference workshops:
- Sunday, February 8 – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Professional Ethics: The Next Generation
- Monday, February 9 – 8:30am – 3:45pm
NAADAC’s Life-Long Learning Series – New Horizons: Integrating Motivational Styles, Strategies, and Skills with Pharmacotherapy
For more information about SECAD 2009 or to register, visit: http://www.secad09.com/Me2/Default.asp