Parent Coaching is offered as a service of the Partnership to End Addiction (the Partnership), working in cooperation with CMC: Foundation for Change (CMC: FFC). It is our sincerest hope that our peer-to-peer support program will be as useful to you as it has been to many others.
When getting started, please keep in mind:
- At the start of the Coaching process, your Coach will initially contact you by text message or email based on the preferences you indicated when speaking to the Helpline.
- Coaches are usually able to make their initial contact within 5 business days. Please check your text messages or email daily, including Junk/Spam folders so that you do not miss a message from your Coach.
- You and your Coach will work out a schedule that works for both of you. You and your Parent Coach will have five conversations on the phone, usually about one hour in length, over the course of 5-6 weeks.
- You are strongly encouraged to access the 20-Minute Guide, either online for free, or by purchasing a copy. This will be very helpful to you as you work with your coach. You may also wish to obtain a copy of the book Beyond Addiction by Dr. Jeffrey Foote.
- The Coach’s role is not to provide “the answer” or give solutions to the issues your family is facing. Their role is to listen with empathy; support you as you problem-solve; and to guide you through ideas pulled from the Invitation to Change Approach, which brings together the evidence-based principles of CRAFT (Community Reinforcement and Family Training), MI (Motivational Interviewing) and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
By participating in Coaching, you agree to the following:
- You are making a commitment to participate in the Coaching program. You can always decide that it is not right for you and stop receiving coaching (by informing your Coach), but we ask that you value your volunteer Coach’s time and be responsive.
- You or the Partnership, may end the coaching relationship at any time. If, during the course of Coaching, you do not respond to your Coach over five business days, or if you miss more than one appointment with your Coach, we will need to discontinue your Coaching in order to help another family.
- There is no cost for this service. Parent Coaches are not psychotherapists nor is Parent Coaching considered a substitute for psychotherapy. Parent Coaches do not provide professional counseling or legal, financial or medical services. Neither the Parent Coach, CMC: FFC, nor the Partnership can guarantee any specific outcome for either you or your child. It is our sincerest hope however, that our peer-to-peer support program will be useful to you as it has been to others. To the extent permitted by law, you agree not to make any sort of legal claim against the Parent Coach, CMC: FFC or the Partnership.
If you feel that this is not a good time for you to commit to Coaching, you can always contact the Helpline again in the future and ask for Coaching when you feel ready. Following Coaching you will be contacted by CMC: FFC to give feedback about your Coaching experience and the effect that it has had on your family. Your participation in this interview is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions about the above statements, please contact our Support Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.