Partnership to End Addiction is a national nonprofit uniquely positioned to reach, engage and help families impacted by addiction. With decades of experience in research, direct service, communications and partnership-building, we provide families with personalized support and resources — while mobilizing policymakers, researchers and health care professionals to better address addiction systemically on a national scale.
We seek a Volunteer Coordinator to manage the volunteer experience, using empathy to connect with volunteers throughout the entire volunteer lifecycle. This role focuses on communicating with potential volunteers, coordinating trainings, tracking participant progress, onboarding new volunteers, providing ongoing support post-training and supporting projects pertaining to peer and group support.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for overseeing daily communication with trained parent coaches using our chat software, as well escalating technical and clinical issues. This role focuses heavily on the success of our amazing volunteer parent coaches and will require a unique balance of supporting volunteers and ensuring trainings and our coaching services are efficient and effective.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Demonstrate and reflect the mission and values of the organization
- Proactively coordinate and collaborate with colleagues to fulfill mission and objectives of the job
- Support the Director and Clinical Director of Peer and Group Support Services in managing a team of 500+ volunteer parent coaches and group facilitators
- Manage training schedule, track participant performance, and coordinate digital role-plays for training participants to reinforce coaching skills, with an eye toward efficiency and solutions
- Manage the schedules for a team of program and technical support staff, ensuring that there is adequate coverage during Helpline and coaching hours
- Provide volunteer coaches in-training with ongoing, constructive feedback and guidance and promote volunteer success through rigor and kindness
- Develop and maintain relationships with trained parent coaches and help to recruit prospective coaches
- Serve as primary point of contact for all trained parent coaches, escalating technical support and clinical crises when necessary
- Communicate with all prospective volunteers, serving as the primary point of contact, keeping a detailed record of volunteer information and working cross-functionally to ensure a positive volunteer experience
- Coordinate with senior staff in the implementation of strategies for volunteer retention, aiding in conducting feedback surveys and analyzing data to improve the volunteer experience
- Schedule and coordinate advanced trainings for volunteers
- Maintain and update coach profiles and volunteer records in our database, helping to inform and improve our coach communication strategy
- Facilitate the Introduction to Partnership community gathering once a month via Zoom
- Assist with special projects and core tasks of peer and group support
- Work under general supervision with some degree of independence
- 4+ years of relevant full-time work experience; or Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of relevant full-time work experience
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully meet deadlines with impeccable time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, incorporating empathy, to communicate successfully with a diverse population of volunteers
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact this has on the organization
- Clear understanding that people are the core of our mission
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to alternate between independent and team work with ease; eagerly collaborating with and learning from peers
- Open to learning, with ability to quickly get up to speed and contribute to initiatives
- Lived experience preferred – personal experience with a loved one’s substance use and some experience providing peer support
- Experience using HubSpot, Microsoft Teams, and/or LearnDash or other LMS systems highly preferred
- Experience with project management software, such as Asana or Trello, highly preferred
- Experience successfully working remotely/hybrid preferred
Note: We are temporarily teleworking at least through 2022.
Partnership to End Addiction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment for the success of our employees and the fulfillment of our mission. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce, encompassing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, that is representative of the people and communities we aim to serve.
Learn more about working at Partnership to End Addiction.
Cover letter, resume and salary expectations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.