My Friend Has a Child Who is Struggling with Addiction. How Can I Help?
You don’t have to be affected by drug addiction to support a friend whose kid is struggling, or have to know exactly what to say. You just have to be there.
* Former party boy Colin Farrell while presenting an award, sniffed a few times and said, I have a cold. Its not the other thing. It used to be.
* Ricky Gervais from “The Office” drank a beer on stage while presenting Happy-Go-Lucky.
* Presenter Sandra Bullock, when listing James Franco for his performance in Pineapple Express as a nominee for Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy, mentioned how fun it must have been to rehearse for this stoner film.
* While presenting, Pineapple Express star Seth Rogen continued with the drug references by commenting, “I wish I got to do this a long time ago, in a different era in Hollywood. Maybe in the ‘80s. That way instead of being drunk with Mickey Rourke tonight I’d be doing cocaine with Mickey Rourke tonight.”
* In the acceptance speech for best picture for Slumdog Millionaire, Producer Christian Colson mentioned he’d drunk three martinis.
* And it doesn’t stop there. From stumbling over lines, slurred speech and wobbly walking, many of the nights presenters looked like they had knocked back a few too many.
* Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor in a Film for his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight—the years biggest success at the box office. And while it wasn’t said outright, it is important to remember that Heath Ledger died just about a year ago from overdosing on a mix of prescription drugs.
As parents, how do you feel about the way these celebrities handled themselves at this year’s award ceremony?