We’re Merging with Center on Addiction

Center on Addiction - Partnership for Drug-Free Kids

We’ve got some big news.

Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is thrilled to announce that we’re merging with Center on Addiction.

As a Parent Coach with the Partnership and a mother of a son in recovery, I understand the difficult landscape that families face. In addition to feeling shamed, blamed and judged because of the stigma of addiction in our society, families are scared, confused and don’t know where to turn for guidance or help with treatment -– if access to quality treatment is even something available to your son or daughter.

It’s an incredibly painful struggle, and one that no one should have to face alone.

But if there has been a silver lining on my family’s journey, it’s been knowing that there are wonderful, empathetic people dedicated to helping treat addiction as a chronic illness and embrace parents and caregivers as part of the solution in helping their child heal. This is why I’m so excited about and grateful for this new organization, bringing together two complementary forces in our landscape. Together, we will combine our family-centric assets and their unparalleled legacy of research into the devastating impact of addiction, merging two organizations with deep history and commitment to changing the landscape on addiction.

We’re going to do this by continuing to help families find customized support services, by working with healthcare systems to develop practices that work, by advocating for life-saving policy changes, and by changing the national conversation about addiction so that families will no longer feel ashamed to seek the care their child needs and deserves.

I was fortunate to receive the help I needed in our broken system. I can’t explain how much it means to me knowing that we’re going to ensure more families will have the help they need to navigate this struggle, while working to fix the broken system itself. I’m excited for us to come together to transform how our nation addresses addiction.

To learn more about this merger, read the press release >>

11 Responses

Leave your Response
    User Picture

Barbara harrus

February 23, 2019 at 3:24 AM

My son is 26 yrs old he on drug. He need help. Ist mess with his mine. He. Cant hold a job. His mine is not stay. He used. Melt. He dont have ins i cant. Afford. To. Pay. For. I know i will lose my son.

User Picture

Josie Feliz

February 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM

Thanks for your message Barbara. We have forwarded your message to one of our helpline specialists who can help better answer your question, and she will be reaching out to you shortly. Our Helpline is a good place to start if you’d like to talk to someone about what you’re going through. Feel free to connect with us in whichever manner you choose in the future: https://drugfree.org/helpline
      Thank you. -The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids

User Picture

Justin M Rozelle

February 11, 2019 at 10:02 AM

Im 28, employed with full benefits and struggling with drug addiction. I want to so inpatient treatment. Will my fmla and short turm disability be available to me?

User Picture

Josie Feliz

February 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for your message Justin. We have forwarded your message to one of our helpline specialists who can help better answer your question, and she will be reaching out to you shortly. Our Helpline is a good place to start if you’d like to talk to someone about what you’re going through. Feel free to connect with us in whichever manner you choose in the future: https://drugfree.org/helpline
      Thank you. -The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids

User Picture

Marie smith

February 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM

I need help for my teenager son

User Picture

Josie Feliz

February 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for your message Marie. We have forwarded your message to one of our helpline specialists who can help better answer your question, and she will be reaching out to you shortly. Our Helpline is a good place to start if you’d like to talk to someone about what you’re going through. Feel free to connect with us in whichever manner you choose in the future: https://drugfree.org/helpline
      Thank you. -The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids

User Picture

Jill Dennis

January 21, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Why won’t the FDA approve ibogaine? It’s been accepted in other countries and has like a 75% recovery rate (for heroin addicts). Yet, it’s illegal in the United States. It doesn’t appear to me, that the United States wants to find a solution. Methadone is just as highly addictive as heroin. So, that’s not a solution. Nor is suboxone or Subutex. They are just as addictive.

User Picture

Catherine Villanella

January 17, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Hello,
    I am a mother of a 26 year old daughter struggling with mental illness and substance abuse. I have tried everything I know how to to get my daughter help but since I cannot involuntarily commit her I feel like there is no hope. This has been going on since she was 18 and the mental illness started about 3 yrs ago. Been through the court system and they will not address the mental illness, only the drug problem and have forced her to state funded rehabs that either don’t have space or cannot handle her mental state therefore have left her back on the streets. There has to be a law to where parents can involuntarily force treatment and there needs to be more facilities in San Diego so we are not forced to move to other states just to help our children. What can we do??

User Picture

Josie Feliz

January 17, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Thanks for your message Catherine. We have forwarded your message to one of our helpline specialists who can help better answer your question, and she will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thank you. -The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids