9 Facts About Addiction People Usually Get Wrong
There are many misconceptions about addiction in our culture which often prevent parents from coping with and helping stop their child’s drug use. Learn to separate the myths from the facts.
Do you know an outstanding youth coach or student athlete who demonstrates a commitment to fair, drug-free play and an overall healthy lifestyle? Does this person inspire others to give it their all, make the team smile after a big defeat, or show exemplary character and integrity on and off the field?
If you answered YES, then nominate this special person now for The Commissioner's Play Healthy Award!
The Partnership for at Drugfree.org, in conjunction with Major League Baseball (MLB) Charities, is holding its fourth annual Commissioner's Play Healthy Awards to celebrate extraordinary individuals on and off the field. The awards are an extension of the Partnership and MLB’s comprehensive nationwide efforts, including the Play Healthy website, to educate families on the risks of steroids and performance-enhancing substances and to recognize youth coaches and student athletes who embody the spirit of teamwork and healthy, drug-free competition.
For more information and how to enter, visit our Play Healthy website, tell us a little about yourself, a little about your nominee and submit your application. It doesn’t take long at all.
Each winner — one coach and one student athlete — will receive an exciting trip for themselves and one special guest to New York City!
Each winner's complete gift package will include:
• A trip for 2 to New York City
• 2 tickets to the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids Gala at Gotham Hall on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 where the winners will be honored. Winners must attend or send a representative.
• $500 gift card to a New York City sporting goods store to be determined
• A plaque presented by Major League Baseball Charities and the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
• The opportunity to be featured prominently on the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids website, www.drugfree.org
Nominations may be submitted online at http://playhealthy.drugfree.org/Awards/Awards.aspx by Friday, October 18th, 2013.