Partnership to End Addiction is a national nonprofit uniquely positioned to reach, engage and help families impacted by addiction. With decades of experience in research, direct service, communications and partnership-building, we provide families with personalized support and resources — while mobilizing policymakers, researchers and health care professionals to better address addiction systemically on a national scale. For more information, visit www.drugfree.org.
We are seeking an onsite, part-time Office Services & Facilities Specialist, who will report to the Chief of Staff.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Demonstrate and reflect the mission and values of the organization.
- Proactively coordinate and collaborate with colleagues to fulfill mission and objectives of the job.
- Manage the activities of the mailroom.
- Set up new staff with remote or onsite orientation.
- Order and maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies.
- Direct facility and equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Act as primary contact with building maintenance & cleaning service.
- Responsible for maintenance of telephones and voicemail system.
- Maintain the office first aid kits and conference rooms.
- Assist with in-office event/conference planning and catering.
- Greet guests at reception.
- Monitor main phone line and distribute voicemail messages.
- Review, reconcile and approve invoices related to Office Services.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks, such as maintaining files and processing paperwork, and assist the Chief of Staff on special projects, as needed.
- Occasionally lift/move boxes/materials weighing up to 30lbs – cart and hand-truck are available to help with this.
- The responsibilities of this position are performed on-site in our NYC office.
- 4+ years’ relevant work experience, including 2+ years’ office services & facilities experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ office services & facilities experience
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically, identify potential problems, analyze issues, and provide proactive solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative relationships with vendors, partners, and employees at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office including Outlook calendar)
- Ability to complete all physical requirements of the role with or without a reasonable accommodation
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position, 3 days per week (7 hours per day, plus 1-hour unpaid lunch, totaling 21 paid hours per week). Some flexibility of hours is allowed, but the Specialist must generally be available to work in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. On occasion and with notice, the Specialist may be expected to work a different schedule (different weekdays, but still 21 hours per week). For occasional events, the Specialist may be required to start as early as 7am or work as late as 7pm. This position is non-exempt and will be paid for all hours worked.
Starting Pay Range:
$32/hour – $38/hour based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Partnership to End Addiction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment for the success of our employees and the fulfillment of our mission. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce, encompassing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, that is representative of the people and communities we aim to serve.
Learn more about working at Partnership to End Addiction.
Cover letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com.