Fred Muench Named President and CEO of Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
Fred Muench has been named President and CEO of Partnership for Drug-Free Kids.
An estimated 15 percent of adults in America — millions of people — suffer with pain that lasts more than three months. For many of these people, prescription opioid pain medicines are an important part of their treatment for a variety of health conditions. However, when these medications—safe when used as directed, under the supervision of a physician— are used inappropriately or fall into the hands of those without a prescription, they can be as dangerous as illicit drugs like heroin and cocaine.
When Good Medicines Become Bad Drugs includes:
• How and why good medicines become bad drugs
• The value to pain patients and risks to others of prescription opioid medicines
• How to educate yourself, your children, friends and family about the risks
• How to recognize warning signs of abuse
• Tips for safeguarding, storing and disposing of prescription medications at home
The site includes a helpful glossary, links to additional resources, tools for pharmacists, and video tips for patients on how to talk about pain medications with their doctor.