Get personalized support for your family
Victor Orlando Woolson was 19 years old when he was looking to make new friends at a local community college he was attending. Unfortunately, he found a new friend who introduced him to a legal substance to smoke for entertainment. This was bath salts and synthetic incense (K-2). Victor was hospitalized for 10 days due to reactions of violence in March of 2012. Victor was certainly far from a violent person, he was actually a shy introvert.
Victor graduated high school with an Advanced Regents Diploma including four years of the Marine Corps Junior ROTC Training in high School. He was funny, kind, compassionate, great Uncle, brother, friend and son. Victor was in college for Criminal Justice. He couldn’t understand that a product on the shelf of a store could be harmful. These products were banned by the Health Department, Federal and State Government by early August of 2012.
On August 9, 2012, my 53rd birthday, a friend texted him that the synthetics were still available for sale at a store in Oswego, NY. They went to the store that evening, purchased Avalanche, went to the Lake to smoke and swim. Victor had a fatal reaction shortly after entering the water. By the time he was pulled from the Lake, he had suffered severely. Victor spent several hours in the Emergency room and ICU, with his family there, but he could not be saved.
Victor’s initials are VOW and I VOW to make a difference and save lives. That’s what I’ve been doing ever since. I started a non-profit charitable organization (VOW Foundation) to help educate and advocate about synthetic drugs. This is a mother’s worst nightmare and I hope to continue to help save lives forever. Thank you.
Add a candle to this memorial story. A candle can symbolize many things — sympathy, light, love, comfort, support, remembrance — or any special sentiment you wish to impart.