Get personalized support for your family
Peter Jason Cates passed away January 28, 2017 due to an "accidental overdose of fentanyl." Peter was not addicted to prescription medicines but did suffer from alcohol addiction. In the last six months prior to his death, he started using heroin to cope with being homeless. The people who sold him the heroin cut this drug with fentanyl. The Medical Examiner's office toxicology report confirmed his death was a result of this deadly drug -- and not a heroin overdose. Peter was 41 years old when his life was cut short due to drug dealers mixing fentanyl with heroin.
Peter leaves behind a beautiful and loved daughter, Jaylyn Cates, the love of his life for 17 years, Rosalyn Halliday, two brothers, Mark and Brian Cates, and his mother, Joyce Cates.
I am in support of Florida House Bill 477, Senate Bill 150 that will charge heroin drug dealers who cut this drug with fentanyl with first degree murder. RIP Peter
Add a candle to this memorial story. A candle can symbolize many things — sympathy, light, love, comfort, support, remembrance — or any special sentiment you wish to impart.