Partnership to End Addiction is a national nonprofit uniquely positioned to reach, engage and help families impacted by addiction. With decades of experience in research, direct service, communications and partnership-building, we provide families with personalized support and resources — while mobilizing policymakers, researchers and health care professionals to better address addiction systemically on a national scale.
We are seeking a part-time Helpline Specialist II to provide direct services over phone and digital channels to family members connecting with the Partnership helpline about a loved one’s substance misuse. This position is expected to be temporary from May 2022 through October 2022.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Demonstrate and reflect the mission and values of the organization.
- Proactively coordinate and collaborate with colleagues to fulfill mission and objectives of the job.
- Provide direct services via text and telephone to concerned significant others contacting the Helpline.
- Provide support by:
- Assessing needs of significant others
- Employing CRAFT, Motivational Interviewing and other EBP to help support change
- Directing parents/caregivers to appropriate services and resources
- Addressing crisis situations when necessary
- Actively participate in online on camera video team meetings on a weekly basis
- Meet with individual supervisor on regular basis
- Work independently in remote location, when applicable
- Work a part-time schedule (between 15 and 25 hours per week)
- Work under limited supervision, while exercising independent discretion and judgment to accomplish goals
- Work as a “shift leader” providing administrative and clinical support to other helpline specialists
- Available to work Sundays 12-5pm ET, in addition to weekdays
- Relevant experience and/or training, including:
- Graduate degree in relevant field such as clinical social work, counseling, psychology or closely related field, or
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as psychology, social work or closely related field, plus 2+ years of relevant full-time work experience, or
- 4+ years of relevant full-time work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in crisis intervention, addiction and/or family work preferred, 2+ year’s required.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to convey empathy, understanding and guidance for parents/caregivers
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Organized and detailed with strong writing and communication skills
Partnership to End Addiction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment for the success of our employees and the fulfillment of our mission. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce, encompassing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, that is representative of the people and communities we aim to serve.
Learn more about working at Partnership to End Addiction.
Cover letter, resume and salary expectations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.