The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is a nonprofit organization providing support and guidance to families struggling with their son or daughter’s substance abuse. We empower families with information, support and guidance to get the help their loved one needs and deserves. And we advocate for greater understanding and more effective programs to treat the disease of addiction.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Strategic Media Outreach to join our marketing team. This is a full-time position reporting to the CEO and the Chief Marketing Officer and based in our NYC office. The Director of Strategic Media Outreach will be responsible for conceptualizing, securing and executing strategic partnerships and securing pro bono media support.
This position is ideal for someone with a strong media or marketing background, demonstrated success in an externally-facing sales environment, strong communication skills and a passion for the evolving media landscape and social good.
- In collaboration with the CMO, coordinate all aspects of the media outreach effort – soliciting, briefing and securing commitments of donated time and space
- Identify and secure targeted opportunities in traditional and non-traditional media, digital media, social media and mobile
- Conduct research on prospective media partners, opportunities and alliances
- Develop, grow and manage senior-level contacts at media and marketing companies
- Secure and track donated media support in all categories
- Utilize 3rd party ad serving technology and Google Analytics to correlate donated media support with traffic to website
- Proactively monitor and explore media/digital media trends and strategies that are appropriate for the Partnership and the families we exist to serve
- Spearhead new media projects and identify and evaluate appropriate technological platforms in order to provide enhanced services.
- Work closely with the CMO and external agencies to develop new media across all platforms
- A passion for the Partnership’s mission is essential
- Must have bachelor’s degree plus 4-6 years of experience in traditional media or marketing and extensive contacts in the broadcast media field
Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to represent the Partnership at industry events, panels and conferences
- Sales experience a must – comfortable making cold calls, sales pitches and new business presentations. Ability to build and maintain long term client relationships
- A sound grasp of digital/web technology marketing tools, techniques, best practices and latest media and marketing trends.
- Standard computer and database management skills; Google Analytics strongly preferred
How to Apply
The Partnership is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.