The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is a nonprofit organization providing support and guidance to families struggling with their son or daughter’s substance use. We empower families with information, support and guidance to get the help their loved one needs and deserves. And we advocate for greater understanding and more effective programs to treat the disease of addiction.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented professional to serve as an active and collaborative member of the development team. The Associate Director, Individual Giving will work with the development team to conceptualize and implement an effective individual giving strategy to raise awareness of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids and increase financial investments from individuals on a national level. The emphasis is on building a renewable and sustainable giving program and identifying prospects that can become major donors over time.
The Associate Director, Individual Giving reports to the Vice President of Development and works cross-functionally with the entire development team. This position is responsible for developing effective strategies including research, prospecting, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship with the ultimate goal leading to growth of donor revenue.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Development, develop and execute short-term and long-term strategies and goals to sustain and grow the individual giving revenue streams
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Partnership’s network of comprehensive programs to fully understand and communicate the scope and breadth of our work to funders and also for writing compelling proposals
- Design, implement and manage donor programs executed through the CRM system to drive individual gifts, including traditional and digital appeals, major gifts and planned giving
- Work with the Development Manager to oversee internal controls to safeguard donor data and ensure its integrity, and supplement with new policies and procedures, as necessary
- Coordinate efforts to sustain and grow the individual donor base at all giving levels and implement practices to increase gift size and maximize retention
- Work with the development team to design and execute cultivation and stewardship events to engage and solicit donors
- Collaborate closely with the marketing communications team on strategies to support and execute fundraising campaigns across various channels – email communications, direct mail pieces, online giving, peer-to-peer campaigns, etc. ensuring consistency of voice, tone and messaging across all platforms and channels
- Work with development team to maintain a highly engaging donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, existing donors are encouraged to upgrade, and all major donors benefit from a close relationship with the Partnership
- Collaborate closely with the advocacy team on strategies to engage individual donors around advocacy efforts
- Work cross-functionally with the Development team to develop activities that engage Partnership champions and spearhead the growth and maintenance of our Partners for Hope community by co-creating a robust promotion and stewardship strategy to grow peer-to-peer and grassroots fundraising efforts
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Development, develop and execute major giving cultivation and stewardship cycles with a focus on prospect research of high net worth donors
- Conduct and analyze active and ongoing research around individual prospects and current donors, prepare comprehensive donor profiles and briefing materials for al donor calls and meetings
- Partner with the digital and social media teams to maintain and update fundraising elements of the Partnership’s website and social platforms. Manage and increase the visibility of online giving opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years’ progressively responsible experience and demonstrated success in raising significant income through individual giving, ideally at a health-related or “stigmatized” issue nonprofit organization
- Proven track record of successfully building (or significantly growing) a foundation pipeline and individual giving program that generated significant revenue in a nonprofit organization
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- Must be highly proficient in database software and data management – thorough knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is essential and familiarity with Luminate Online is a major plus
- Excellent presentation, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with prospect research tools such as Wealth Engine
- Professional demeanor and judgement in handling confidential and sensitive donor information.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to represent the Partnership professionally to all donors, Board members and strategic partners
- Knowledge of best practices and emerging tools and trends in individual giving, planned giving and direct response
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects as priorities change, with an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy and focused on meeting all deadlines and performance goals
How to Apply
The Partnership is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.