The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is a nonprofit organization providing assistance to families struggling with their son or daughter’s substance abuse. We empower families with information, support and guidance to get the help their loved one needs and deserves. And we advocate for greater understanding and more effective programs to treat the disease of addiction. This spring, we will embark on a year-long pilot program in the state of Tennessee focusing on providing family support and resources to address misuse and abuse of opioids. The program will include direct support to Tennessee parents via our toll-free helpline, one-on-one parent coaching sessions, community trainings, as well as digital resources, including e-learning and a new mobile texting program.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented professional to serve as an active and collaborative member of the program team. The Program Coordinator will assist with all aspects of our parent and community support services and will support the VP, Program Director to organize, supervise and facilitate workflow within the department.
- Create an organization-wide volunteer recruiting and retention program that will support, encourage and coordinate the efforts of Partnership parent volunteers.
- Grow and maintain the Parent Support Network with a particular focus on the Parent Coaching program. Organize outreach materials, forms, policies and procedures and other documents needed to successfully and efficiently carry out programs.
- Manage the Partnership’s Desk.com platform that is used to connect parents seeking support from parent coaches. Ensure adequate records and files are maintained for each parent volunteer, coach and local partner.
- Create and maintain weekly email communication, informational materials for parents, spreadsheets and project management timelines. Curate and maintain private website created for Parent Coaches.
- Update the local Partners Portal and communicate with local partners as directed
- Prepare Google Analytics, Desk.com and iCarol reports based on program activity
- Support the VP, Program Director in training events and participate in trainings as a representative of the Partnership. Create packets of training and promotional support materials and ship to local partners, parent groups and volunteers upon request
- Perform other program management duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ progressively responsible administrative and/or program management experience, ideally in a nonprofit organization
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience working with volunteers
- Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of Desk.com, Google Analytics and/or web design tools
Ability to travel up to 10%
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish a plus